Sunday, December 4, 2011

The End is Near!!

Oh boy, my first semester in college is nearing to its close. It has gone by so fast. It feels like I just got in only a month ago.

However, this doesn't means it's going to be all fun and games from here on out. I've got 3 exams to look forward to and this English portfolio to complete. It's crunch time! I feel like I'm running around like a decapitated chicken. I've got so much to keep up with surprisingly. There's been a snowball effect that has been activated over the course of the semester. But I'll deal with it, I'll pull something out. Like a wizard!

I'm not so sure that I can say I've grown over the last three months. I mean, I've gotten a little more independence but how much is the question. I still live at home, so I don't probably feel the same way as someone that lives in a dorm might be feeling. Yes, I'm doing all my own work and keeping up with everything, but I'm still under someone else's thumb. I've grown my wings, but I still feel caged. Maybe it's the teenage angst and loathing of parents talking, but nevertheless it doesn't feel like I thought it would be. Maybe I'm being impatient and bitchy. I've got a few more years before I grow up.

And like any play this is only the end of Act I.

No comments:

Post a Comment