Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What have I been doing lately...

Well, let's see...

Last week took a turn for the worse, or at least to me it did. For a few weeks now, my brother and I had planned a road trip to Kentucky to visit some friends of ours. Yes, we knew full well what responsibilities we'd have to take; we knew it was a long-ass drive to the middle of nowhere and that it'd take a lot of gas (and money for that gas) to get there. We planned out everything to the minute detail, saved enough money for gas, and had directions to get there... and then everything took a dive like a downed Stuka.

The parents said no at the last moment.

*insert expletives*

I felt like the Red Baron (Ha, two German airplane puns in a row). Completely shot down. They were okay with it at first, but then had second thoughts. They were worried that it was too far for us to handle and that we'd be tired from it all and that it wasn't long enough weekend to do it all (4 days?).

I wasn't even mad, in fact, I completely understood. Okay, I was, but I was more dissappointed. Dissappointed in the fact that I couldn't go, that it was my only opportunity to get out of town for more than a few hours. I didn't go anywhere for my summer vacation, I worked nearly everyday of it, and when I came across this chance to get out, I pounced on it. I'm 19 for jovessake, I need to spread my wings a little bit.

So, we were "asked" to postpone it until later. Later in parentspeak usually means never. However, I'm willing to keep some optimism here and hope something pops up in the near-yet-so-distant future.

                         
Well, on the upside of things, it did mean I could go to the opening weekend of the Renaissance Faire. This was my second time there, but I had a bit more to wear this time. Pirate shirt, vest, kilt, and an accent. Was actually quite fun, I got to try the "Steak on a Stake" (which could've used some sauce) and got to meet up with some good friends of mine. So, I guess my weekend wasn't completely trashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment